Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Blessed

Feeling frumpy.
Feeling like I'm stuck.
Just like leaving m'keys on the checkout counter and sailing on out the store door... been feeling like ...I'mma going no where fast.
Phooey.

Maybe it's the stormy weather... snivel.
Because the feeling does not match the reality people. Reality is: I am being exceedingly BLESSED. ... still, I can't help thinking this is going to be a big year for REALLY HARD WORK for me... and... changes, ...growth, if you will. And... quite frankly, if that's what I'm sensing, if that's what's in the offing - out there on those prairie winds for me...
Dang.
I'm SO OO O ready!
Let's get 'er done!

Thought I heard a knock & the doorbell ring yesterday.
Ignored it. <-(Frumped!)

This morning - I'm up early and let the ol' Ladydogger & the young Dr. Suess out to scratch & sniff and, well, hopefully poop & pee while they're out there for cryin' out loud... and I see a package propped up by the carport door!

It's from one of the most talented artisans I've ever known & it's addressed to me! :) :) :) :) :)

I have admired this poor dear's talents for decades now!

"Poor dear" because he's been paying his debt to society for having the audacity to break basic traffic laws in the great state of AZ.
OK.
I heard it [from the grapevine - no kidding!] twasn't the traffic infraction that sent him to the big house. It was the open container of beer hugging his crotch and the open 1/2 pound of weed on truck seat beside him, along with the joint he was toking and the noxious cloud of smoke that rolled out the winda, engulfing the patrolman, practically head to toe, that brought Miranda into it.
As well it should.
Grapevine speckulation was "he was just ASKING for an arrest" - duh.

Seams like some folks go on self destruct and ingnore every red flag that deathspiral sends up... all the way down to the grave.

{insert moment of silence - not for the dead, mind you! Sheesh! They're DEAD. Let's have a moment of recognition, for all the hearts that may have skinned their knees, falling down over the more wayward & unrepentant children of men. Sometimes all we can do is pray people.}

And sometimes... Nab Jones shines his cherry little lights on the scene, snaps the steel cuffs in place and sentences enough time for folks to think about it. I'm hoping & praying my friend has had enough time to think about a change of heart and therefore direction.
That man has AWESOME talent!

OMGoodness! The package! I was so excited, I've seen he made some indescribably beautiful jewlery boxes for his daughter, out of popsickle sticks (!!!) while incarcerated. I mean he could put on a New York or LA show and make hundreds if not thousands of dollars off these things. I kid you not. They are EXQUISITE! I saw one that was heart shaped with a domed lid which was ingeniusly dove-tailed-hinged to the base. The width of the popsickle sticks and his useage/placements of them gave an inlaid effect, especially with the staggering offsets he cleverly designed into the footing of the piece (which was protected with felts). The inside was lined with a red felt and had removable trays which effectively gave 3 tiers of compartments to its use. AND [this got me!] he had used just the ends of the sticks, with contrasting wood grain/color, cut on a bias angle and glued together again, to form a plethra of little wooden hearts which he scattered for her to discover in the bottom of the box!
And...
TA-DAH!
He HAD made a jewlry box for ME!
Another ingenius design - a retangular box, beveled, hinged lid. The sides bow out on the outter sides of the box and the footing reminds me of southwest door ways - it hints at the key hole effect as it graduates in tiers down to each of the 4 feet, which are, once again carefully protected with felt on the underside. The inside has a black leather (pleather?) lining and a 2 compartment tray which lifts out - more black leather lining in the bottom and on the lower insides.
This box is more beautiful than anything I have to put in it.
Not only that, but it just feels good in your hands. You see it. You want to touch it and when you do - you you you ... marvel... at it.
That's as good as I'm gonna get at explaining the thing.
Wish to high heaven that I had a scaner so I could post a picture or 2.
*sigh*
He'd tucked a letter inside.
(I'll share!):

Hi [Dorko],

Surprise, Surprise - hope you like it!

Well, I'm out now and staying with my .....sister.....until I'm back on my foot again. :)

Your box is the last box I made while in. I had you in mind while making it.

It's a gift of friendship and appreciation for faithfully writing me and keeping me in good spirit.

Thank you [Dorko]

Sincerely.....

Crap. <-(I thought.) I should have written to him MORE.
I'd only sent him out, like 3 or 4 letters over like 2 or 3 years time. I didn't want to give a wrong impression... I wanted to do just what he says I did. Lift his spirit. So ... I s'pose it was enough. Dig it.
Dig it, dig it!

Thought I heard a knock and the doorbell ring today.
I did NOT ignore it.
It was visiting teachers with, [SCORE!!!] A MINI EASTER BASKET for me! Plastic tumbler with bunny motif, purple pipe cleaner handle and candy - the good stuff - jelly beans, cadbury eggs, etc...

My scriptures tell me these things:

...And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good....

My Prayer tonight: Oh! Great, Grandfather, my Lord, my God, how grateful am I for the blessings of this day! For friendships and fellowships and the nurturing touch of thy master hand, moving through our lives. Chasten me, strengthen me, you bring comfort and cheer, refreshing rains to the parched - to the lowly & unworthy - even to one such as I. I pray, dear Father - that I may yet be of good service unto Thee. That sweet spirit of good, for goodness sake, touches mine heart like none other. Help me Father to continually find and develop my talents, to give good gifts of love and friendship, to the souls of those you send my way, that they may see Thy light shining through me and turn praises unto Thee again. May I never allow myself to forget that there is but one name given whereby salvation cometh - even the name of Jesus Christ. Teach me Father, through His example that I may have a hope - that I can teach, if Thou art willing, I pray for a clarity of mind, body and soul, that I might bear a continued rememberance that I cannot transform, not myself nor another; keep me from slipping, from evil and harm Father, in accordance to Thy will -for a testimony has been borne deep in my heart, YOU are the only power I know of for transformation, for the changing of bad for good! I thank Thee, for the gift of Thy holy Spirit upon which I wholly depend for decernment as it surely testifies of the truthfulness of all things, and directs my pathways ever closer unto Thee. Oh Father! Thou art both merciful and just. In Thee I trust completely. And I pray unto Thee with full singing measures! With gladness swelling my heart, yea Father my cup runneth over! in Jesus name, Amen.

4 comments:

Alekx said...

Girlfriend, I can't even comment on that post. It was great
Hey...go over to my site..yup that one...you know hit that e-mail me link and send me your phone number. I keep forgetting to ask Burfica for it. And it's be wayyyyyyyy to long since we had a good old sit down giggle session.
DO IT NOW GIRL. Darnit.
What are you waiting for
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burfica said...

Blessed discribes it best.

Jim said...

OK...OK......

i am just a bad example, i guess

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Valentine 1 radar and laser detector http://www.coddidrexshipping.info/Tamiflu-haltbarkeit.html nylon hiking shorts Orange beach alabama timeshare

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.