Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dad's Memorial


"We" are back from the coast... and my father's memorial service.
It was a good service - lots of pictures from the last 30 years or so... not too many from his younger days, but a few.
We shared our memories, we shared a lot of laughter - along with a few tears.
It was go0od to visit all the extended family and friends there.
Now I'm the one catching up on things, here.
I am 99.9% moved. (Yea!)
I did 'carpet-shampooing' and cob-web busting yesterday... there are some major cob-webbing spidies at m'old digs... saw several that I knocked down yesterday, well on their way to reconstruction today.
New Orleans should be so lucky.
I've plans to transplant some chives, purple sage, mint, and an iris or 2 from the old place to the new... this coming weekend and I'll be done-done. (c'mon! That purple sage was a gift, now!) lol
The bad news is:
I am pert near 'dead-in-the-water' with my advanced studies. (Doh!)
So, there will be no more posting 'til I can catch my breath there...
and can look around my new digs and find more than just a pathway through the mountains of cardboard boxes... sheltering the inside things I supposedly can't live without.
I swear - I'm going to seriously downsize all my kitsandkaboodles!
except maybe that purple sage...
and the good memories I have of special people in my life, like Daddy...
(and a few 'outthere' of you, too... perhaps...)
Love and Love s'more
D ~

2 comments:

Burfica said...

don't forget to send me your new address. I understand having to take some time to get things done.

And I got my own mountain of cardboard boxes too. hehehehehe

Dorko said...

Burfica... I thought I did already? Nevertheless, look in your e-mail basket, hon, I'll be sending it on to you today.
[I loath moving my entire household! LOATH IT, I say! ;-)]

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.