Sunday, April 06, 2008

Q12


Today, as I sat in on General Conference with other members of my church I felt blessed, reassured, and strengthened by the Lord's pattern in the organization of His church.
.
- and -

.
I felt thankful, for the inspirational leadership we continually receive from the Quorum of the 12 (Apostles);
.
...from both the study of what the ancients preserved for us

- that wisdom of the ages awaiting all those with the ears to hear, and eyes to see, in likening the scriptures unto themselves...
and from what these latter day prophets, seers, and revelators
- our modern day, ordained members of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles have to say in baring their special witness of the divinity of the living Lord, Jesus Christ....
.
It is particularly interesting when one of these, general authorities, (an Elder, from the 70, I believe)describes in vivid detail the process of spiritual 'rebirth' and you realize that he has somehow opened a window into the depths of your very own soul - because every bit of what he is describing is and was your experience.
.
Amazing Grace - how sweet that vibe!
.
A prayer from my e-mail files today:
.
...Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive.
There is no cost, just a lot of reward.
(a reminder...)
Make sure you pray, and pray believing God will answer.
.
May today be all you need it to be.
May the peace of God and the freshness of the Holy Spirit rest in your thoughts, rule in your dreams tonight, and conquer all your fears.
May God manifest himself today in ways you have never experienced.
May your joys be fulfilled, your dreams be closer, and your prayers be answered.
I pray that faith enters a new height for you; I pray that your territory is enlarged.
I pray for peace, healing, health, happiness, prosperity, joy, true and undying love for God.
.
I pray for these favors and blessings to be yours, and I pray for them to be mine as well.
Prayer has become a "special gift" for me.
It is indispensable for me, and yet - there are times when I 'forget'.
Double the blessings for that friend who sent this uplifting reminder to me today and double the blessings for any other who crosses by this way...
.
Prayers go up.
Blessings come down.
...In the holy name of our brave redeemer, even the Lord, Jesus Christ
- Amen.
=)

~

No comments:

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.