Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Liberty Remembers...



I got this amazing e-mail forward from an Artist friend a couple of months ago... (truth be told I have several hundred e-mails I need to look over and answer - all piled up from this past Semester - which was a "doosy").
.
.

Anywhoo... here, we see a couple before and an astounding after photo of the guy's work.




I thought the artist, subject matter and 'canvas' were extraordinary... I'm sure the photos only give you a pint-size idea and the real deal is more mind-blowing than what mere pix can convey.
.
.

Anyway... I couldn't leave it be, myself... HAD to beat the search engines up and track down his web page(s) ...so the artist, Eric Grohe, is now a side bar link, for me and for the Memorial Day / Weekend coming up, I thought you'd appreciate, every bit as much as I did, a look at this short movie tribute, with the title and honor of: 'Liberty Remembers'
.
.

I, along with 'Liberty', will be remembering and keeping that flame alive for all those that have served before us, right along with all those who do so now - they deserve our respect, faith and every prayer we can spare!
.

Wishing everyone a safe, happy, loving 'decoration day'!
.
Cheerios,
D


7 comments:

Libby said...

beautiful, dorie!! i'll be emailing...

Burfica said...

Nicely said, yes they deserve every bit of our respect and support.

Dorko said...

Thanks, Ladies!

EV said...

Have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend!! ;)

MomThatsNuts said...

Yes you all happy Memorial day to you too, wow what a difference this day is going to make to me next year when Cadet leaves for boot camp huh???? Im gonna start crying NOW....ok not like RIGHT NOW, but soon...

Mom

Alekx said...

great pics

oh and "cough" Happy Birthday
:-)

Love ya

Canadian flake said...

beautiful pics..happy birthday Alekx says? Hope you had a nice one.

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.