Tuesday, April 24, 2007

=)

Gentle thoughts for today (from my e-mail friendlies)...

  • The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
  • When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself.
  • The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends.
  • The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.
  • He who hesitates is probably right.
  • Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are " XL." If you think there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody.
  • If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.
  • The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.
  • There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt
  • A penny saved is a government oversight.
  • Did you ever notice: When you put the 2 words "The" and "IRS" together it spells "Theirs."

4 comments:

Burfica said...

OMG i love the second one!!!!!!! That is some funny crap right there.

And the one about a kids middle name is so very very true!!

Canadian flake said...

omggggggg tooooo funny..laughed so hard at some of these that I choked. And yes my gremlins know that if I am using their middle name it IS time to run for cover.lmao. When I forget to take my morning meds, my son uses MY middle name. He is trying to be serious and all I can do is laugh..lmao.

Unknown said...

"Gentle thoughts for today"...now I got even more to think about...butt..they were cute..very good really..thanks for sharing..I'll be passing them on...lol..!

Op~

MomThatsNuts said...

Im using a couple of those for my "thought of the day" I put on the white board before our IDT meeting on Thursdays...yep thats right , I am STEALING THEM...thanks dorko!!!

LoL

MOM

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.