Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentine recipe

Several people have asked me for this recipe.

Once upon a time ago - it was one of my Dad's favorites & since his birthday is the day before Valentine's Day I have a tendency to associate it with the holiday...

It is fairly cheap, fast & easy and has a big "yum" factor to it too...

Cherry Nut Bars

2 egg whites - slightly beaten
2 T Maraschino cherry juice
6 T Water
4 T Oil
1 Pkg. white cake mix
1/2 C sparsly chopped walnuts
1/2 C drained chopped Maraschino cherries

Combine ingredients in order listed.
Makes a thick batter
Spread in a 9x13 pan
Bake 350 15-20 minutes - until set

Frosting 1 -
butter
chopped cherries
cherry juice
powdered sugar
heavy whipping cream


Frosting 2 -
softened cream cheese
powdered sugar
cherry juice
whipped topping

(Sorry about the no measurements on the frosting choices, my family just does this by feel & to taste)

1 comment:

Burfica said...

I'm gonna try this one. I like all things with cherries. hehehehe

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.