Saturday, February 24, 2007

This is a snowflake


This is a snowflake.

There are lots and lots of snowflakes flying around outside right now.

Flying because gail force winds began huffing and puffing before the dawn.


(yep. I was up that early. lol!)


It's not so bad.


I see they're mostly swirling about.


Bad is when they all head one direction: sideways.


I'm gonna heat up some herbal teas, snuggle down, and work out some art.


If you'd like to see some groovy pictures of snowflakes and ice crystals just click the link: SnowCrystals . com

The Snowflake Man
"Under the microscope, I found that snowflakes were miracles of beauty; and it seemed a shame that this beauty should not be seen and appreciated by others. Every crystal was a masterpiece of design and no one design was ever repeated. When a snowflake melted, that design was forever lost. Just that much beauty was gone, without leaving any record behind."
Wilson A "Snowflake" Bentley 1925

(ahem) Try not to think too deeply about the lowly snowflake...

Have a great weekend everyone!


=) D.~

6 comments:

EV said...

Ya know, "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." .... whole lives have been wasted - completely wasted - not heeding those important words. Thanx for the reminder; man's own wisdom is such folly.

Alekx said...

Love snowflakes they are beautiful, but when they all get together and have a party and make SNOW that's when they can take a hike....burrrrr cold icky icky poo

Burfica said...

I like pictures of snowflakes, but you can have all the snow your little heart desires. I'll take the nice weather here. hehehehe

Libby said...

it's easy to forget how beautiful snowflakes are...being as they SUCK when you hafta shovel them!!

Canadian flake said...

lmao I am glad I read these comments...cause I was reading your post...thinking to myself ohhhhhh yeah that picture is pretty but come look out MY canadian window and trust me you will NOT think snowflakes are pretty...they are just a big PITA...lmaooooooooo. But March is almost here....woohooooo bring on the slush...lol.

Unknown said...

Yes..snowflakes and beautiful and amazing..they are 95% air..that makes them a great insulator for animals.

The kind of snow I like is the kind that's here today..gone tomorrow!

Come on summer and beach!!!!...lol..

Op~

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.