Friday, February 24, 2006

Running behind...

Running behind sux just as much as being sick sux! =)
I am beginning to feel better ... which is good, because I'm throwing a Baby Shower this Sunday afternoon for that new baby, darling Haley and I so want to get to hold that little bundle of wonderful!
I am not posting, much, because trying to catch up on school assignments is rough when the programs, tools - equipment I need to do the work are specific to this building or that class room lab all on campus.
For instance, I can't just sit down at 10 p.m. any given evening, here at home, and "catch up" on my Illustrator assignments, because they all must be done inside of the "Illustrator" software program - a pricy little bit of computer fancy, which I do not have.
I could download a free 30 day trial of that program to use at home, however I don't have a MacIntosh computer to load the dang thing down to (add another to the list of pricy, little bits of computer fancy that I do not have!) and... (ahem! <-clears throat), we all know the cliche about poor, starving artist... I'm not starving by any sense of the imagination, but I've got a whooper testamony on poor, so, little Miss Artsy-Fartsy me is not likely to get a MacIntosh on my desk this semester nor those remaining in my program pursuit. (insert dreamy, wishful sigh, here)
I just got to follow the admonition of my sweetie, Opie and "tighten up" every chance I get to get it done and remain on task. And find comfort and some balance in knowing that all concientious students face challenges in working through their course - it's that growing learning process we all love/hate.
So. Thems a lot of words to say I'm prioritizing school over play just now... however... ya'll should just KNOW that I still love you. (Beaming Smile!)
I'm pulling a nice little (hand drawn) picture together for Baby Haley. I'll post it and maybe the progression of it on here over the next couple days.
January's birthstone is Garnet, flower is Snow-drops, and since the party is this weekend the color's are Pink, and Red, and White.
The party theme (will be woven into my picture too!) is: Prayers go up, Blessing come down
May it ever be so.
Wishing good stuff for YOU... all ways and always,
D. ~

6 comments:

Burfica said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy your back, and alive, and kicken. And I was missing you!!!!!!!! hehehehee

MomThatsNuts said...

glad your better!!!!!

Mom

dangermama said...

glad you are ok, I was starting to worry

Dorko said...

Thanks all!
Btw... I've fallen in love with that kid... the baby... such a little cuddler (must take after me there - Hehehee!) I got to hold the little bundle of wonderful for quite a while yesterday afternoon. So sweet! So well behaved! (You couldn't ask for better behavior for a one month old!) I love being an Ant! =)

Alekx said...

beaming at your happiness

I'm so proud of you in your school prusuit. Remembering the long talks we had about wanting to go back to school and both of us being way to broke to do so.
You are right prayers up and blessings down.
Keep your focus girl. I love ya

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.