Thursday, October 04, 2007

tale-end (finally)


Ok. I've been working hard with several irons in the fire... (or maybe that, [branded & firey] was just plain how I've felt, surviving another scorcher summer sans AirConditioning - lost a little weight though, hehehe.)
You do understand me when I say I have not purposefully forgotten to tell the sorted details of the tale - I began so long ago...? Somewhere, over the rainbow, I'd started an ArtZfartZ finalie - that I won't bore you with here and now. . .
The gist of it was this: I ran into trouble on my sorrey into town. I inadvertantly murdered a very thinly treaded tire. One I had been nursing along, hoping for a few more miles to go further down the line with - so thinking, that I could bag a few more paychecks and thus trade it outright with cash and its' fellows - for a new matched set. Oh. But, no. *Sighs*
I high-tailed it to the nearest convenience store, which handily, was kittycorner from where the heap had come to rest. (ok. I like the car. Just, anytime it inconveniences me - it's a heap.) I needed a phone. Yep. This was the one and only time in close to a year that I'd not taken my cel with me - I had visions of it plugged in and rampantly juicing its badself up at home, comfortably craddled on a choice pilla - plumped up on m'couch.
Golly, I love techno-gizzmos.
Anywho...
That brought me to the door and the vision was happily replace by "Hallers" a very tall and very handsome young man, whom I'd had the pleasure of working with, ever so briefly, yum, I mean, er, "um", summer of 2002? 2003? Whatever the date, he always gets a smile outta me - perhaps it's the hairstyle? > 8" flaming red mohawk - standing straight up, all tall and proud! Not typical, for a midwestern boy, however, Hallers - wears it well. He's just that kind of wide open.
Apparently the goodwill swings both ways between us - he lit up with his own bright smile as I stepped inside and nodded my general 'Howdy' to the line up at the check-out counter - Hallers, just happened to be manning that position & I plowed right on in, with my one desire.
"Hey! I need a phone. Can I use yours?"
Cha-Ching. (yes) =)
Humm...
Who to call?
I called a neighboring Aunt - She agreed to drive in the rescue and upon our arrival to the graveled driveway back home - who do we see?
KITTY! - none other than the good Dr. Seuss.
That turned my whole attitude decidedly away from 'preturbed' (and I had been, very, decidedly preturbed, from that flat forward, mind you!). =)
I could immediately see, she, kitty, was acting quite strange - very 'antsie' ...skiddish... scared?
I said some hurried 'thankyou, thankyous' and made my good-byes to my Aunt and hurried to let us both, Dr. Seuss and me, into the house and away from whatever else was lurking in those shadowy places within the realm of possibilities, between the sanctuary of home and the dark alure of any given hot (and starry) summer night.
Guess what was the first thing kitty did, upon her arrival back home?
Guess.
.
.
.
No. don't just scroll & roll - looking for the easy answer - guess!
.
.
.
Got a guestament yet?
.
.
.
My Nephew thought "food dish".
.
.
.
No.
Not "food dish"
.
.
.
So, I gave him a hint.
.
.
.
What's the very 1st thing you do when you've been gone from home, fer, like, a while - and now, think about it - you've just burst through the door - "Home sweet home, at last!"?
.
.
.
That's right.
She was Gone-ski, fir like, a whole 24 hours ....
and the first thing she does?
The very first thing she does?
.
.
.
Runs to her litter box.
(In all fairness to m'nephew she did shoot a cursory glance at the food and water trays on her way to the toilet... Heaven forbid there be any bottom of the bowl showing over in that corner of her world!)
Ah, yes.
Home sweet home.
ZZZzzzend.

5 comments:

Burfica said...

DORKO!!!! WHERE IN THE SAM HILL HAVE YOU BEEN!!!! I have been calling and calling (seeing as I don't have your cell phone) and of course I can't get you. I have been e-mailing and e-mailing, and you never answered. I was about one week away from looking up the authorities in your area and having them come after your toosh woman!!!!!

Alekx and I about had a caniption fit!!

Okay now that I yelled at you. Get me that cell phone number woman, so I can check on you!!!

I am so glad that kitters is okay. I was gonna say first thing she did was come in and pee. lol

I love ya honey, don't scare me like that again.

Almost 5 months. grumble grunt snort.

Dorko said...

Work/School/Poverty all taking their toll.
Good thing I'm resilient and "springy"
Sorry about the long lay off the blog-o-sphere... it will be sporatic for the next year or so.
My primary e-mail is: [on its way to you in a private e-mailing] My cel is the only phone I have right now - (land line reception in my rental sux too bad to even be worth the up keep - those hundreds of hours of phone conversations I logged with the Opie helped me to figure that one out...). I rarely leave it at home & I never turn it off, however, I often have it on silent - because I'm at: work/school/library/church or flat forgot to turn the ringer-dinger back on - I do answer the messages folks leave me. The number is: [on its way to you in a private e-mailing] Welfare checks can also be done through Mom or Mike [their phone #s are also on their way to you in a private e-mailing] =)

For the record , I kinda like it when you Grumble, Grunt, Snort... reminds me of how a little dragon would give voice to loving-concern...hehehe.

iamnasra said...

its been awhile looooooooooooong time ..are you well????????//

Alekx said...

In a deathly quiet voice
I'm thinking that private e-mail and cell phone number better come my way.
I'll be nice to you as soon as I have a way to get hold of you and not have to start sending teletypes to the local authorities to have them make sure you are not dead in a ditch somewhere.
nuff said
wouldn't be upset if we didn't love you so dang much.

Dorko said...

Iamnasra - Yup. Fine. (Brian is being teased up into a bee-hive boufont "do" - due to the pressures of achedemic studies - but I willingly signed up for that. heh.)

Alekx! (ignors deathly quiet voice - whips out her most boisterous "glad to see ya, hello", voice in rebuttal... throws open arms - BIG BEAR HUGSSS!)
um, ya, sure... "private e-mail" comming your way anything to keep you from goin' all "bounty hunter" on me. (incert: innocent smile)

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.