Thursday, October 18, 2007

Gone - in half a heartbeat...

By all accounts it happened that quickly...

One moment clear sailing, the next - fully engulfed in the terrible storm.

The sad news... is that this accident:
http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_289172931.html
(The Multiple car pile up - during a blinding sandstorm - North of Los Angeles - Tuesday Oct. 16)
Claimed the life of my father.

He was enroute, with his wife, (and faithful little doggie - "Shep") to their seasonal home in southern AZ (Quartzite) when they were caught up in this.

Neither Dad nor "Shep" made it.

We (family&me) are in fact finding mode - we cannot travel, until we have a timeline and that is complicated due to the severity of his wife's injuries - she cannot, immediately, be moved much less be released to travel home to Washington State. (Broken leg, broken facial bones, severe lacerations and a blood clot in her chest - lung area, concerning the medical personnel)

Kindnesses and prayers from my community - this community - our home-town community - are pouring over me so don't worry for me, however... prayer would be much appreciated for my Step-Mother "Marcy" she's a toughie, and she is an amazing woman, however, she only found out [Wednesday], that she's been widowed - for a second time ... the last time was over 30 years ago.


She and my father were so very, very good for each other... and throughout all the years that I have known her she has demonstrated nothing but love and kindness to me (never a negative vibe from her towards me - not ever, at least none that I've ever preceived. I can not say that about my own parents - but then, again, parents have a big job to do, don't they?) how can I not, love her, so very much, for that? I truly do.


Thankfully, her son & his wife were able to safely make the trip to be by her side the morning after this news broke... so that they could be with her when she was told the sad news, for certain (she was so connected to my father that she'd already had a 'sense' that he was gone).


This is a loss that's going to be very hard for us, but at this time, my heart, is most especially full, for Marcy.

My parents divorced in 1977 - amid much drama.

I told my father once that the name Marcy was awful close to Mercy - and that I thought he'd been blessed through her.

I know I was.

Wheather Marcy realizes it, or not, she has very much been a good and a faithful servant to love. She has been, in fact, 'the bridge' over many troubled waters that enabled my father and his children (those that could and would receive them) to gain a great many blessings they, otherwise, never would have realized on, and of, their own accord.

Thank-you, those of you who, have, are, and will pray for healing here - I have been feeling those prayers, now, and I know that my family and extended family members are as well.

My scriptures tell me that God is Love.

May God's will prevail and bless you - all who pass this way

...and lead you sure and safe, through every storm - that you may return just as sure and safe to love once more.

I leave you these thoughts, in the name of Jesus Christ.

(Amen)

~

11 comments:

Burfica said...

Dorko, my friend, my family. I don't know much else to say. I love you so much. And I am hugging you tight.

Alekx said...

Baby girl, you are a real sister to me and burfica and when you hurt we hurt. I have shed tears for you at the same time rejoicing for your father for he is in heaven.
You are now and always will be my family
Love you so very much.
We are here for you.

Biddie said...

I came over from Alekx's place.
I have been praying for you ever since she asked us all to. I had no idea, I just asked God to watch over you and give you strength.

I am SO sorry for your loss. I really don't know what else to say. Just please know that people are thinking of you,and praying for you.
Biddie

Mia said...

I am sooo sorry for your loss too. I'll send prayers your way.

((BIG HUGS)) take care of yourself, please.

doodlebugmom said...

Again, I am so sorry for your loss, I have asked my friends to pray for you and your family too.

((hugs))

Linda

Dorko said...

Thank you - all of you so very, very much!
...for your kind words,
for your sympathy here, in concert with tender emotions (mine own and those of my family members and Dad's friends),
...& for your sincere prayers - petitioning the "Master's hand" to guide us all to the best new normal we - any of us - can, and no doubt, have yet, to realize from this.
Words, can scarcely express how much your comments and encouragements are appreciated at this time.
D ~

Anonymous said...

Please accept these late condolences! You are in my thoughts.

Canadian flake said...

I am so very sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with your family in this time of sorrow.

I will pray for you all...may you find peace in the knowledge that your father is not suffering and is looking down on you and smiling from heaven.

MomThatsNuts said...

I was sure that I commented here, maybe I commented over at Alexks...I am sooooo sorry and sooo praying for comfort and peace for you and your loved ones. You know we dont need to pray for your dad, because he is ok, I am praying for YOU. What a couple of tragic losses you have had in a short amount of time!! My heart, My prayers are with you honey. Know that you are not alone...

Mom

Azathoth100 said...

I'm so sorry Dorko, my heart is with you and yours at this time.

~SugarBear~ said...

Dorko,

I've been gone for some time & haven't kept up on blogging. I am sad to see that upon my return, you've had a huge loss in your family.

My prayers are with you and your family. God Bless you all.

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.