Thursday, January 31, 2008

Love is Magical...

I did have a dream last night.
I found this picture; it's either titled 'butterfly kiss' or 'love is magical'... I'm not sure which, I wish I knew who the artist was so I could give them credit - it seems to eerily, graphically, capture what it was, that I did dream, last night.
I didn't sleep very well. I had class last night, so I was out later than usual & I fell asleep in my chair; I stumbled to bed about 3am...
Somewhere around dawn, I guess, I had what I thought was a fragmented, mere snippet of a vision, a little dream & I saw no immediate point in writing it down.
Then I remembered the suggestion from the horoscope. So, I did write it out - & as I did, I began to see some personal signs, wonders and references - just for me.
And so, now, I suppose... that since I led it out here - first... that I must also record the dream as I have recalled it to be.

This dream has no beginning....

There I was, comfortable in my bed. Happy and warmly wrapped up close - very close, with this man. We were talking. I don't remember what it was that we were talking about. I cannot remember many physical details of what he looked like. I was completely relaxed, utterly peaceful - I was comfortable with him. It was perfectly natural & good & right for us to be together - we had a closeness that went beyond... He was a warm, warm bed partner - he seemed to be a little older, maybe a bit wiser than I, not by too much though, just enough so that I felt strengthen by him & I felt his presence was big, to me, like, a little larger than life - big, to me - he was nevertheless, protective, loving, guiding, good natured, good humored - benevolent to me & with me... someone I very much wanted to be snuggled up with... and there we were - very much into each other, pillow talking all warm and cozy. He was on the right side of the bed, so that laying in the bed, I was on his right side, too. Something signaled me to get out of bed. It was morning, now, after all & I'd felt a chill run across my shoulders and down my arms. (looky here, it is JANUARY!) When I got out of bed I saw the difficulty - I noticed that the blankets had shifted. The deep blue flannel sheets were pulled up in good position, but the mid-covering, a white, woven cotton blanket had shifted down towards the foot of the bed & the top (blue-plaid) comfortor had shifted a little, in his direction. My companion looked intently at me, his eyes were beautiful, and filled with love for me, he smiled & chatted & laughed a little with me as I made the adjustments to our coverlets. He was still in the bed. He reached to help the effort from where he was lying - I don't recall what he was saying, exactly, to me, as we both reached to fix it... that blanket that had bunched up - it was something about reporting it, or getting it so it wouldn't do that anymore... it was about smoothing the thing out, this something that had crept down & bunched up & had left both our arms & shoulders bare & cold - without that proper placement of the covers. He was chatting to help, I suppose, & to fill the effort of fixing, with some sweet reassurances, & his good humor - as if he could sense that I could feel anxious and perturbed over that shifting blanket issue, & he, so didn't want me to be concerned about it - at all. =) In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't the end of the world for us, it was no big deal, really.... I wanted to jump back into bed with him. This time with arms & shoulders covered up, protected form the winter chill that had stolen into our room & snuggle up - all the rest of the day - just as closely as we ever had before - but I cannot. It's the start of a new day & I have so very much to do...

And... here, now, N.P.R. is blaring: reporting 'viewers letters' in response to Frank Deford's latest sports prose, on my clock-radio... and I realize that I am awake, now, and did I have any dreams last night? What was that...? Wasn't that a fragment? Was it a dream, or a snippet of a dream...? and ... I am on my own, here.. there is no one... was there someone...? No. No, not really... there was not... what was that? What had I dreamt ....? I don't know what that was. . . how did it go again? and I tuck my arms back under the red herringbone throw - the one I keep on my bed - for just such a purpose. They are cold, these arms, because I had turned, maybe, even when the radio had clicked on, and the throw had shifted. The bedroom windows are old & 'breezy' and it's like, 10 degress outside, but my bed is warm, warm, warm because I have a heated matress pad and 'Kitty' is bunched up at the foot of the bed - hugging up to my legs...

And it's the start of a new day & I have so very much to do....

.

.

.

and now here, I am ready to wrap up the day & call it a night all in one fell swoop...

wishing to you - all who pass this way... pleasant dreams! ~

4 comments:

Burfica said...

I loveeeeeeeeeee that picture you found!!!!

I vote all of us should go back to bed, stay warm and dream all day today. I'm way way cold. heheheheh

Libby said...

dorko- what a WONDERFUL, COMFORTING peaceful and relazxing thing to happen for you!! that will give me warm fuzzies all day, thanks for sharing!! oh, by the way...

"I had class last night"
Dorko, you goof!! you ALWAYS have class!!

MomThatsNuts said...

Sometimes I have dreams that stay with me all day. Sometimes I dont dream at all. But every EVER SINGLE DAY I wake up with a song in my head. I once thought about writing them down, keeping track of the crazy random songs that I wake up with, but I never have...does anyone else do that?? I think maybe my brain has a soundtrack....

Mom

Dorko said...

Burfica - Here! Here! Nothing more inviting on a chilly day than the opportunity to snuggle-up!

Libby - =) yup...worked that way for me too, and yes, seems I always have class...

Mom - ooo! A song, every single day? That is a special blessing! Yes. People write down the stuff that, comes to them on the morning breezes - to hear Dr. Wayne Dyer tell it, that dicipline has ultimately bought him a dream home in Hawaii. ;-)
(Double Dog dare you to start listing the songs you wake up with every day!)

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.