Thursday, December 20, 2007

Blue Flyer

Snow-showers earlier this month (DEC 8th) had me sitting at home listing the many details of routine that I need to get taken care of each and every week...
A flash of blue barrelling past the living room windows caught my eye, "blue jay flyin'," (yes. I actually pointed this out to my cat, Dr. Claudia Seuss, who had comfied up in my lap as I satt listing - wouldn't you? uh, point things like this out to the cat...*sheesh!*) =)
Dr. Seuss flashed me that 1/2 lidded look cats give you when everything is all cool and groovie, and then, she flicked her tail - for good measure.
(I've heard tell that the 1/2 lidded kitty-look is useful in face to face confrontations with lions & tigers - to, um, signal white-flag sentiments like: 'Yo. It's all good. No need to bare any fangs, claws, or git all 'hissy'! - please don't hurt me!', but, hey, my home-kitty is the only one I've actively practiced this random theory on...)
Then... the heater kicked in - and the image of flying $$$-from my pocket book to the SourceGas co. - streaked across my mind's eye, immediately prompting me to look at the digital temp. gauge (Thanks to my sister, The Queen of Panic!, I can see how flippin' cold [or HOT] it is, from the comfort of my favorite chair - the outdoor sensor is tacked up under the car-port, and the indoor one lives on a stand with one of my houseplants.) It's surprising to me - how often I look at this thing...) Anyways...
It all combined in my head & flowed into a jaunty little tune that has been periodically looping through my brain. (yeah. making me a little nuts, don't I just know it - but, well, I kinda like it too... )
I'll share (& spare you the 'jewel tone vocals' that go along with) this diddy:


Blue Jay flies through ashy-white skys -



To the shelter of the evergreen trees.



Kitty flicks her tail as the heater wails -



and the temperature reads, 23.



Oh-o I-i-i



Wonder why -



and who, and how, and where, and when ...



and I-i-i



Remember YOU, (ou, ou)



and the love we shared back then.



_____






Even though, Henry Thoreau described the sound [of a Blue Jay] as being the:



"unrelenting steel-cold scream of a jay, unmelted, that never flows into a song, a sort of wintry trumpet, screaming cold; hard, tense, frozen music, like the winter sky itself."






I'm thinking of leading off my "Christmas letters" with this - and yes, they will all be late, doncha know - that's what I get for losing myself in the diddy - writing little humming songs rather than attending to that (neverending 'to-do') list....









Who knows, and who can say? - perhaps I'll post it all here someday...









6 comments:

Burfica said...

Been checking in every day to see if I see you. Been thinking about you every day that means too.

That's a beautiful picture!!!

Did you get your card hun???

Dorko said...

Burfica! - I love you.
And, yes, yes, yes! I got your card- warm wishes fished outta that icy-cold mailbox on the roadside (I tore into it [YOUR card] in the car =) thanks for sending!) BIG smiles, warm hugs, just for you and yours...

Libby said...

dorko, i just love blue jays! maybe cuz theyre always pissed off (like me...)

Alekx said...

I'm thinking with that little diddy running around in your head you might have been dipping into the egg nog.

ehehehehee
did you get my card too. Complete with photos in the christmas letter.

HUGSSSSSSSSS

EV said...

Merry Christmas, my friend.

Dorko said...

Libby - Bah-ha-ha-HA! There's a place in the world for them that calls 'em as they see 'em! God LOVE you, Libby! Wishing you all the best and much love with warm hugs this Christmas and New Year's!

Alex - yummers... egg nog! =) Yes! LOVED the pix and Loved the letter - beautiful christmas cards (everyone I get = beautiful!) Love you2!

Mike! - Great to see you still stirring!
God Bless you & your family, at this Christmas time and in the coming New Year!

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.