Tuesday, June 20, 2006

FARTS and GARTS



A couple up dates on the drawings I've been working. These are not the final versions by any means. At this stage, at least here in Blog-land, they are still WIP (works in progress).
The file association 'fartsandgarts' is a play off a specific password to a specific program I've used at the collage... 'garts' representing graphic arts and smarty pants me, thinking, "Well then, the Fine Arts would be..." ahem. Yes. ;)
So as not to get all 'diatribee' on you - I'll just skip to the latest thought: that I could check my freehand progress and perspectives through layers and opacities plus add interest in background - quickly - by scanning and then blending the 2 disciplines together.
This 1st image at the left is a Hack version of what I'm toying with.
.
Here's one other... looks like just the underdrawing I thought I had a few more in the bag with me today. My appologies to that special one of you who'd sent your darlings my way! I wish I would have jumped the lastest versions on to the drive for down load today - and I thought I had! The old brain must have subcomed to the heat... or should I blame humidity?
I have been busy-busy and most of these are complete or near complete in my sketchbook at home. Maybe I can manage another post before week's end....? I don't know if I'll be able to get that done. I am researching the biblical principle of "Unity" this week. I have to give a talk, you see. I've been called/asked to talk on that topic in next Sunday's Sacrament Meeting. I knew, in advance (through the spirit) that I'd be giving a talk soon - I just wasn't sure about the theme. I should have been able to guess, though. Seems like the Spirit always calls us to expound (and expand? ...ourselves, perhaps?) upon the very issues we're currently in need of reviewing.
.
Hope all your flowers are blooming brightly!
... and all ye children are of one accord....
Love.
.
.
.
and
Hugs,
D.~

10 comments:

Burfica said...

farts and garts made me hork water out my nose. hehehehehe

Mia said...

Wow great job!

Anonymous said...

This is cool stuff :)
Wish all the best
tony
http://zingtrial.wordpress.com/

EV said...

Hey, nice to see you back! :)

Libby said...

dorko, welcome!! you've been missed!! great drawings!

dangermama said...

great pics... still amazed at the talent that you have there...

DLAK said...

"Getting better all the time", you realy are. I gave up the idea of a sketch pad long ago. I draw only on scraps and copy paper I steal from work. It makes it easier to throw them out when I get bored.

Jim said...

WOWWW

u pretty good in sketching
wud u do my mug too ?

will send u my pic

Jim said...

PS: do i have to pay ?

Dorko said...

Burfica - dang. sorry. lol.
Miranda - Thanks girl!
Zingtrail - Hummmm...
Mike - Looking forward to getting back for real & being able to post on a more regular tick.
Libby - =)
Addie - I got something special in mind for you...
DALK - You're an edgy genious, I need to take a few lessons from you.
Saby - Yes. Really? No. =)

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.