Saturday, March 04, 2006

Happy Birthday to Mother


Today is Mom's.
We decided, early on in the week, that lunch would be good.
Thought about a movie but then work flip-flopped on me.
So lunch for sure.
I got the steller idea to call my brother, last night and ask if he knew what today was going to be. That boy sure did!
So I invited him along on our luncheon.
We all met up, downtown, at the Beiroc Cafe. (Pronounced BEER-Rock)
Where we discuss movie options amongst other things.
The nephew (previously pictured right here on Cheerios&HeavyCream) had wished his beloved grandma a happy birthday, earlier in the day and had offered the 5 star suggestion that we all just rent "Walk the Line". =)
Our fear, (later confirmed at the video store) was that it'd be so popular we wouldn't be able to find a copy of it too rent.
Then my brother, bless his heart, pointed to this little advertisement tent, you've seen the like, little specials of events or treats, sitting up 'pup-tent' style on diner tables.
"Why don't you just check this out?"
It's a special showing of an old classic at our towns' historic little Fox Theater - the even is actually a fund raiser for a prospective politician. We think it'd be a fun way to enjoy ourselves in celebration of Mom's B-day. Who cares if we have to wait a day? The price seems right. (I think Mom's even a little bit excited. Kinda like taking a little trip back to yester-year, for her. "1956! That's even a year before [thequeenofpanic] was born!") 1956 - she would have barely been into her 20s. Hehehee. Hope the temps are just as nice as today's 70s....
Also hoping you have a classic week end, too!
(See the pix I scanned. I made off with the little ad. I'm gonna make it into a Happy Birthday Card for Mom! Don't Moms like the homemade stuff best?)
D.~

6 comments:

MomThatsNuts said...

Yes mom's DO like home made stuff best...you go girl...

mom

DLAK said...

Sounds like your Mom knows how to raise kids, give a big kiss for me. I love Ma and Pa Kettle, lol I'm not kidding. My fave is the one were there in the house of the future. :)

Anonymous said...

I have the DVD of "Walk The Line"..if you'd like..I'll send you a copy...aahh...that's ..aaa..I'll send you my back-up copy of "Walk The Line"...aaa..you'll have to send it back...hehehe!

Your Huckleberry

Alekx said...

LOL @ Opie and back up copies, just in case the first copy gets burnt up by the giant space metor that might hit your house huh.

Dorrie, give mama a big hug from yourself then from your crazy ex-roommate.
We need to sit down for a nice long conversation one of these days girlie.
Love ya

Azathoth100 said...

Happy B-day to Mom. Sounds like your going to have a great time.

Dorko said...

Thanks Mom! =)
DLAK! - That's the one (house of the future) that they showed! Plus, an opening looney toon, a 1956 news-reel, and we had 2 locals, one on guitar & one on mandalin, entertaining before the show & over intermission... and they gave away prizes! One prize was a sack of groceries from a little family owned grocery here. Apparently that was done in (the 1956) movie theaters. It was great fun!

Huckleberry... you send me. ;)

Alekx... who's this 'Dorrie' person? lol, um-hum, we do need to talk... ;)

Azathoth - thank you kindly for your good wishes, truly.

Pitch Black is back - Whooooo Hooooo! =)

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.